Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Freedom! [Cue George Michael, please]

Freedom. The sweet taste of freedom. Last night was the first night I was sans baby for ten months. It was also the first time I drove in over two months.

After feeding the little one the best husband in the world took her for her "wake time" and said he would put her down and gave me a few "errands" to run so I could get out of the house.

It was exhilarating. It felt like the first time I ever drove on my own. I can just hop in my car now and go wherever I please! No more ride arrangements, waiting for someone to pick me up, or waiting on the hubby to take me somewhere. (However, thank you to each of you who did those things or offered to. It was amazing. I have such good friends and acquaintances.)

I was only gone about thirty minutes and it was just around the neighborhood, but man do I feel like a new woman.

Not only do I have my driving privileges back, but I have my body back. (Well, not my pre-pregnancy body. That will take some time.) However, I can breath. I am NOT throwing up anymore. I am NOT nauseous. I am NOT passing out. I don't have to pee every three minutes. I am recovering from delivery faster than I thought I would and feeling better each day.

Basically, I love not being pregnant. Don't get me wrong. I love my little girl. She is wonderful. Yes, I would do it all over again for her. However, I don't think I will do it all over again.

Anyways, a lot of people say I will change my mind. To them I just smile and nod. We shall see. We aren't making any irreversible decisions right now, but it is a decision that is solely up to Chris and me. No one else.

[Side note: We are adjusting to our new life. Each day gets easier. Chris and the baby has just eased into their roles beautifully. We seriously have been blessed with a well-tempered child. Takes after her father on that one. It has/will take(n) me some time to adjust, but as my husband reminds me, I am the one that pushed a baby out and dealing with all the waves of "horror"mones.]

Thank you for all the love, support, prayers, well wishes, kind words, encouragement and meals. We love each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment