Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Aisley's status: exceptional

I always told myself that I would not be one of those parents. You know the one. The parent that talks about their child non -stop about how talented and perfect their child is and how they excel at everything. It's ridiculous.

However, when you have a child it is a while before they can do much except eat, sleep and poop. So, parents talk non-stop about their stats/percentiles. I never really put much thought into those numbers. It didn't matter to me that my friends child was 80th percentile in height.

Now that I have a child, I do understand what the stats mean and I do take pride in them. So, if you care, you can continue reading about how little miss Aisley is growing. If you don't care, I am really not sure why you starting reading our blog in the first place. Maybe you are just bored. If so, then I guess you are welcome to continue reading.

At birth (2/24):
Weight: 6 lbs. 11 oz.
Height: 18 1/2 in.

First doctor's appointment (2/28):
Weight: 6 lbs. 3.1 oz. (10%)
Height: 18 1/2 in. (13%)
Head circumference: 13 1/2 in. (34%)

Two week appointment (3/10):
Weight: 6 lbs. 15.8 oz. (12%)
Height: 19 in. (6%)
Head circumference: 13 3/4 in. (22%)

One month appointment (3/24):
Weight: 8 lbs. 4.3 oz. (31%)
Height: 19 3/4 in. (16%)
Head circumference: 14 3/4 in. (63%)

Two month appointment (4/25):
Weight: 10 lbs. 14.3 oz. (53%)
Height: 22 in. (38%)
Head circumference: 15 1/4 in. (50%)

As you can see, she had a few major growth spurts. The doctor said she is doing perfectly. Also, she seems to be gaining about 1.5 oz. a day. That is amazing considering she is a breastfed baby. The doctor mentioned something about her eating "heavy cream" instead of low-fat milk. I chuckled. It made me even more committed to nursing seeing how she is responding so well to it.

Also, she is a flirt. Dr. Chad Smith, at Raintree Pediatrics (Who is amazing, by the way! Thank you, Shelby for the recommendation. We loved him!) was examining her and she kept flashing him her adorable big-toothless grin. She even giggled for him. She is a charmer! Watch out boys. :)

Anyways, we are just smitten with her. She is sleeping around 8 hours straight most nights and will usually wake to eat and go back to sleep with some help. :)

She is happy for the most part and only cries if she needs something. We really lucked out. We couldn't imagine our lives without her and are so happy that God blessed us with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment