Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Case of the Gimmies

Yes. I have fallen victim to it. I am sure everyone has at one time or the other.

It amazes me that the more stuff you have surrounding you the more you want. I completely understand what Jesus was referencing in Matthew 19: 16-30 now. Click here to read

I have more than I could ever need. More than I could ever want and still I want more. Its heart breaking. It is disturbing.

I walk into my closet, full of clothes, and think, "I have nothing to wear." Sometimes I have just have to shake my head at myself and think, "Really?" It is insulting to 5 year old me. A child who grew up disenfranchised. The life I live now far surpasses all that I could have dreamed of then. The Lord has been good to us. He has provided my husband with a well paying job that allows us to live comfortably. Shame on me for thinking at times that its not good enough.

I was called to worship God. Does it matter what I look like when I do that. Of course not. He has chosen for me to be a wife and a mom. Does it matter what outfit I have on when fulfilling those roles? No.

So, I had decided to focus on that I have.

My blessings are too numerous to put into one blog post. Believe me. I'm counting them.

I'll leave you with this. I've heard it many times, but the other day as I was reading through the Bible this verse stuck with me.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need."

No comments:

Post a Comment