Monday, January 17, 2011

A Feast Fit For a King

Tonight I made some of Chris' favorite meal items: broccoli and rice casserole, ham and delicious rolls. I used his mother's recipe for the broccoli and rice casserole.

What does he say whenever we finish the meal? Thank you honey for slaving over a meal while you are due to have my baby in six weeks. It must have been so hard to cook this meal and have your feet swell to the point where your toes looks like sausages. Yea...no...but I am sure he was thinking it because he is awesome like that.

This is what he said:
"It tastes good, but it tastes different from when my mom makes it. Is it a different recipe?"
Translation: "I like my mom's better." However, he is way too sweet to ever say that out loud.

I then inform him that it is the exact same recipe that his mom uses and I even used the same brand of items. He retorts with, "Well, maybe it is the lack of mushrooms."

What? Excuse me. Did my husband just imply that he would rather the casserole have more mushrooms? This is the same person who spends five minutes picking out the mushrooms from the better casserole and piling them on the side of his plate because he refuses to eat fungus, right?


Just when I think I have him figured out. You would think after being together for eleven years I would know everything about him. Nope. Surprises me everyday. 

What a turkey. :) 


However, I completely understand that his mom's will taste better to him because, well, it is his mom who was the one making it. It is something about your mom's cooking and their germs that make things taste better. I don't know how that works. It just is a fact. Same thing for grandma's cooking. *However, the same cannot be said about my great-grandma Fern. Love her dearly, God rest her soul, but she was a horrible cook.*

Hopefully, Aisley will be saying the same about me one day. It will make my heart smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment